Coworking spaces are an increasingly popular alternative and are estimated to continue to grow in the coming years, due to the rise of freelance labor and the sharing economy. There are spaces that promote multiple benefits for workers, such as creativity, innovation and support for collaborative work. However, there are also places of great freedom in schedules and tasks, and with constant distractions, caused by the presence of many people with different priorities that can affect productivity.
That’s why today we give you 5 tips to be more productive in your coworking space:
- Plan your day: Set a fixed schedule to start and finish your daily tasks, as well as the time of your meals and breaks. In the same way, it takes a detailed planning of each one of your projects, with the daily objectives to be carried out in order of priority. All this will help you to perform your work more efficiently and meet the specific deadlines of each of your projects.
- Take regular breaks: Studies show that breaks help clear the mind, renew energies and become more creative. There are cognitive benefits and productivity gains when making these breaks. Therefore, try to make an active pause every hour of work, to relax your eyes and to stretch, it can be while you take a healthy snack and talk to a partner in a more relaxed area of your coworking space.
- Use technology to your advantage: There are numerous applications on the market that can help you make your life easier and save you a lot of time. From apps that allow you to organize and synchronize all your events, manage tasks, to applications that correct your grammar when writing texts. Take advantage of all these possibilities to be more productive in your coworking space.
- Socialize intelligently: Take advantage of these spaces to know, interact and increase your network of contacts with different people, who can be of great help for your projects, but respect your established work schedules. Take advantage of breaks or events scheduled for these purposes.
- Take care of yourself: In these creative and motivating environments, you could develop attitudes of work addiction, which could negatively affect your health. Therefore, it is important to maintain a balanced diet, without excessive sugary and processed foods, to exercise regularly, which in turn will help you control your stress levels and maintain good sleeping habits. It has been shown that lack of sleep contributes to problems of concentration and stimulates negative attitudes at work.
Being more productive in your coworking space is not only achieved through constant work, but also being disciplined with your time and schedule, while taking advantage of all the benefits that these spaces offers to you.