A podcast is an audio program similar to talk radio. However, most are recorded in advance and available to listen to on-demand over the internet. Podcasts can last a few minutes or a few hours and are often released in an episodic way, much like TV shows. Podcasts can cover any topic under the sun; if there’s a market for it, there’s probably a weekly podcast about it.
The best business podcasts for busy entrepreneurs
– Shopify Masters Podcast: Made for Entrepreneurs looking for a complete series on everything e-commerce, shown through the lenses of fellow merchants, sharing the most important lessons they’ve learned along the way.
On this official Shopify podcast, host Felix Thea interviews experienced Shopify store owners from all over the world, working in a variety of industries. Some have left six-figure salaries to become entrepreneurs. Others started small on Etsy and were forced to grow when success came as a surprise.
– eCommerce Fuel: This is one of the most highly regarded eCommerce communities – they’re notoriously selective about who they let in, and they have very high standards of quality control.
– Mixenergy: For entrepreneurs who love learning about and borrowing ideas from different industries.
There are also a lot of case studies in this podcast with different owners about the businesses they have grown, and tons of valuable information to show entrepreneurs that there is no one right way to run a business.
– The Fizzle Show: In their own words, is a podcast for creative entrepreneurs and honest business builders who want to earn a living doing something they care about.”
– The Amazing Seller: Hosted by Scott Voelker, this is a podcast specific to Amazon FBA sellers.
– Nerd Marketing: While not a regular podcast, this testimonial says it all for Drew: “Listening to his podcast is like getting an MBA in eCommerce, without the tuition fees.”
– Creative Empire: This Podcast is for Entrepreneurs in creative fields or entrepreneurs who want to get more creative with their marketing. Every week, the show examines how to not only build a creative business but how to turn it into an empire.
– eCommerce MasterPlan Podcast: For All eCommerce business owners, especially those who want to develop plans for customer retention or relationship building.For 30 minutes a week, the eCommerce MasterPlan Podcast gives you actionable insights on how to get more customers and make more meaningful relationships with them.
– The Goal Digger Podcast: A podcast made for women entrepreneurs who are ready to rock their business lives and their personal lives. Instead of a traditional talk-and-interview format, this several-times-a-week podcast takes on the feel of a live workshop.
– Build my Online Store Podcast: Travis Marziani and Terry Lin talk about the latest in e-commerce and online marketing. Both run their own online stores and share their successes, failures, and what happens behind the scenes.
– How I Built This: Entrepreneurship can be a lonely endeavor, especially in the early days. How I Built This, produced by NPR, helps you feel like you’re not so alone by sharing the struggles and defining aha moments of the founders behind the companies you know and love.
– eCommerce Conversations from Practical Ecommerce: This is a comprehensive source for eCommerce information that is primarily focused on success stories. Listeners will also learn about effective leadership, management skills, and advice about different aspects of product procurement and placement.
– Unthinkable: A podcast for entrepreneurs who want to challenge conventional thinking and get creative to grow their business.
– Core of Commerce: This is a to-the-point eCommerce podcast solution covering many different topics related to eCommerce entrepreneurs today. The contents of each episode are relevant to the changing state of the industry, including how to manage upgrades to popular eCommerce software and interviews with experts on things like branding and building loyalty.
– Playing for Keeps: For eCommerce business owners who want real-life strategies that build brand affinity and reduce churn.
For a well-thought, strategic look at what’s going on in the crowded world of DTC eCommerce. Customer churn specialist Kristen LaFrance dissects the latest retention and customer success tactics from a thoughtful point of view.
– eCommerce Braintrust: The content is best for those with an existing foundation of knowledge surrounding eCommerce, but even newcomers can learn some basics from the podcast.
When it comes to business podcasts, you’ll likely find you prefer certain hosts over others, or certain formats and lengths. But whatever your preference, podcasts can be helpful companions on your entrepreneurial journey.