With the strategies mentioned below, you’ll witness a significant increase in sales as well as an improved customer experience and relationship. Allow your business to be as transparent and trustworthy as possible and start optimizing your online presence to maximize your sales.
1. Monitor bounce rate
Building meaningful relationships with customers through effective communication paves the way to greater sales.
Monitoring your site’s bounce rate will give you a clear insight into how valuable and relative your content or page is to your target audience. Keep in mind that a high bounce rate is a clear indicator that you’ve failed to persuade a customer to make a purchase, your site was not easy enough to follow or your marketing and your onsite messaging are not in sync.
2. Reduce cart abandonment
There are many ways to combat cart abandonment and influence sales:
- Display a check-out progress indicator on the check-out page so the visitor knows the following steps, simplifying the process itself.
- Ensure that the navigation between the store and the cart is effortless.
- Include a thumbnail product image throughout the check-out process to reassure the customer of what they’re purchasing.
- Ensure transparent pricing — clickbait is the surest way to lose a sale.
3. Ensure privacy and security
Businesses often handle sensitive client information when managing their e-commerce platform. Ensuring privacy and security gives the users more confidence and trust in your site and business in general, especially when they’re sharing personal details and trusting you with sensitive data such as credit cards or other payment methods.
4. Simplify the check-out process
Be mindful of your customer and ensure that the messaging, payment options and overall process aligns with their lifestyle and purchasing habits. The more clear this process is, the more success will be reflected in your sales. Avoid any hidden fees and offer transparent, clear information to increase the likelihood of closing a sale.
An online business that offers trust, easy payment, after-sale experience, and ease of return. will benefit hugely by riding the e-commerce growth wave.